Since apparently Mother Nature has yet to get the memo that it is fall, I sat down with the amazing stylists at Brambila Salon in Santa Monica and got some hot weather hair tips to get us through October. And since it is pretty much summer year round in SoCal, these are just some great tips to know.
1. When styling your hair at home, be sure to not use the hottest heat setting! More heat = more damage so be sure to keep your styling tools at a medium setting! I always thought that higher heat would make the style last longer, but nope, that is what hair spray is for.
2.Tips to have your blowdry last longer. Dry shampoo is a girl’s best friend to help hold your bombshell blow-dry. Not only does it refresh your hair, it also will give a little extra volume!
3. Shampoo mistakes – It is so important to use a great shampoo and conditioner to keep your hair happy and healthy! Always use a sulfate free shampoo. Sulfates strip the hair of natural oils that leads to split ends. Fun fact, sulfates are also what gives shampoo a thick lather. If you are using a sulfate free shampoo, it’s not going to suds up.
It is also very important to only use conditioner on the ends of your hair. Applying conditioner to the scalp causes your hair to get oilier fast, resulting in having to shampoo your hair more frequently. Try not to wash your hair everyday. They recommend only washing hair every 2-3 days.
4. Style like a pro – When blowdrying your hair, air dry until your hair is 80% dry then go in with your favorite round brush. This not only saves you time, but it also causes less damage to your hair. If you plan on using a flat iron or curling iron, air dry your hair 100% then use your styling tool! You don’t have to go in with your brush and then a styling tool.
5. Braids are still hot and a fast and easy way to dress up your hair style. Accent braids are a perfect way to make your hair look a little more put together. Accent braids are small braids, like braiding your bangs or one side of your hair. Super cute and super easy, not to mention a great alternative to throwing your hair in a pony tail, again.
6. Top Knot buns are chic and simple. If you have finer hair, tease your hair then wrap around to give the appearance of thicker hair!
Bottom line: Brambila Salon serves Sangria on Saturdays – you’re welcome.
Brambila Salon is located at 1327 Ocean Avenue, Suite A, Santa Monica, CA. Call 310-458-3770 or book online for an appointment.