Hash browns, extra crispy, are delicious. I can give up bacon without an issue, but passing on hash browns as a part of a “healthy” lifestyle is heartbreaking. Which is why zucchini hash browns changed my life.
As a part of eating healthier, I have been cooking more at home. So, I thought that I had experimented with zucchini to its full extent. I sauteed it, I sliced it and baked it, I even turned it into noodles – I thought that was where the party ended. I. WAS. WRONG.
With very little effort, you can have crispy, delicious hash browns made from shredded zucchini. I will repeat, hash browns made with zucchini – that are delicious, and hash brown-y. This seriously makes me so happy (…and despite writing this at 12:24am, I am going to go make some now because I am an adult and I can).
- Coarsely shred 1-2 zucchini (depending on their size) and combine with a pinch of salt in a medium size bowl.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Squeeze with your hands to press out moisture.
- Melt butter in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat
- Add zucchini to the pan and flatten slightly
- Cook shredded zucchini, turning once, until golden on both sides (about 6 minutes.)
Bottom line: These zucchini hash browns will change your life. Seriously.